- A small plant bug which is typically brightly coloured and leaps when disturbed. It can be a serious crop pest in warm regions.
More example sentences
- Family Cicadellidae, suborder Homoptera: numerous genera
- The adults of most species feed on nectar and honeydew produced by aphids and other sucking insects like leafhoppers, whiteflies and mealybugs.
- Their larvae will eat large numbers and many varieties of aphids, and also devour mealybugs, whiteflies, thrips, leafhoppers, red spidermites, and a variety of other soft-bodied noxious insects.
- The newly seeded alfalfa has plant bugs and potato leafhoppers and established alfalfa has army worms, alfalfa loopers, thistle caterpillars, and variegated cut worms.
More definitions of leafhopperDefinition of leafhopper in:
- The US English dictionary