Definition of learner in English:
1A person who is learning a subject or skill: a fast learner
More example sentences
- Surround those slow learners with fast learners who understand how to promote their creative ideas.
- I repeated it easily; I'd always been a fast learner with languages.
- For a learner to acquire skills in a foreign language, correctness of speech in his mother tongue should be taught.
beginner, trainee, apprentice, pupil, student, mentee, novice, newcomer, starter, probationer, tyro, fledgling, fresher, freshman, freshwoman, neophyte, initiate, new recruit, raw recruit, new boy/girl;
North American tenderfoot, novitiate
North American informal greenhorn, rookie
1.1 (British also learner driver) A person who is learning to drive a motor vehicle and has not yet passed a driving test.
- You should be aware that learner drivers under supervision have a very low involvement in crashes.
- If you're a learner driver over 25 years of age, you're not required to complete the logbook.
- In fact, it's a good idea if a learner driver receives professional driving instructions.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan