- Something, especially food, remaining after the rest has been used: everyone wanted seconds, so there were no leftovers • figurative he’s just a leftover from another ageMore example sentences
- This salad also makes great leftovers and will keep fresh in your fridge for up to seven days!
- Tonight I made him a baked potato to go with the leftovers and he gobbled it all up.
- There once was a time when a Monday lunch was Sunday's leftovers or a cheap sandwich.
adjective[attributive] Back to top
- Remaining; surplus: yesterday’s leftover breadMore example sentences
- He had finished cleaning and was now pouring the leftover coffee on the remains of the fire.
- Similar to last year's party, I wound up with a ton of leftover beer and an extra cooler.
- He ate the leftover spaghetti and bread before he even realized it, then picked up the glass of water.