Definition of legislation in English:
- Those are the words that are used in sections of this type in a great deal of legislation.
- This had made them exempt from certain legislation that does not apply to the Crown.
- Many of these provisions may make sense if they are placed in ordinary legislation.
- In her new job, Cooper will be in charge of legislation leading up to the euro referendum.
- Cohen shows how immigration legislation has not just been about keeping people out.
- Valerie Keating is the Home Office official in charge of the proposed legislation.
Mid 17th century (denoting the enactment of laws): from late Latin legis latio(n-), literally 'proposing of a law', from lex 'law' and latus 'raised' (past participle of tollere).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.