- 1Having the power to make laws: the country’s supreme legislative body Often contrasted with executive.More example sentences
- He examines the roles of the judicial and legislative bodies in the U.S. in framing labor markets.
- We have no charter defining the scope of the powers of the legislative, executive and judicial branches of government.
- All government bodies, executive, legislative, and judicial are now subordinate to the government.
- 1.1Relating to legislation: legislative proposalsMore example sentences
- If the EU Council adopted the legislative proposal of May 18th, it would do so without democratic legitimacy.
- MsCoughlan said the next step would be the publication of formal legislative proposals by the Commission.
- Blogger Ed Foster mulls over legislative and regulatory proposals on the table.
- 1.2Relating to a legislature: legislative electionsMore example sentences
- When the pan-blue camp grabbed a victory in the 2004 legislative elections, people were shocked.
- Similarly, states are free to experiment with such things in their state legislative elections.
- The legislative election will be held on April 5, and new legislators will assume their posts in October.
- More example sentences
- Should the citizens of Florida determine that its law should be changed, it should be done legislatively.
- As we noted a few days ago, the Democrats can't win this legislatively.
- They serve to impose what could never be legislatively enacted.