Make legitimate: voters legitimize the government through the election of public officials
More example sentences
- Nor does she think that the legislation legitimising it is likely to be revoked in the near future.
- Now he is suggesting that such steps be legitimized and sanctioned in advance.
- The legal institution of marriage legitimises some relationships and denies others.
- Example sentences
- All this has lent a sort of legitimization to the reoccupation, the bombings, and the arrests.
- It provides the legitimization of external sovereignty and some legal protection against aggression.
- This is nothing less than the legitimization of the lynch mob.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.