Definition of legman in English:
noun (plural legmen)
1A person employed to do simple tasks such as running errands.
- In effect, however, they are acting as legmen for organized crime, which has turned southern Africa's stolen scrap into a lucrative industry.
- Spotters trolled the city for pregnant women, and contacts or legmen approached pregnant women who seemed in need of help.
- There's a detective agency with an unusual boss and even stranger legmen.
1.1North American A reporter whose job it is to gather information about news stories at the scene of the event or from an original source.
- Rick Bragg flew to cities where he collected clips and the work of legmen, but often did little or no reporting on his own.
- Telephones were brand new, allowing legmen to call in the details to rewrite and get the story into the paper within minutes.
- He works closely with reporters, trading sources and information and using them as legmen.
Definition of legman in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.