noun (plural lentigines /-ˈtɪdʒɪniːz/)[mass noun]
- A condition marked by small brown patches on the skin, typically in elderly people: several members of the family are known to have lentigo [count noun]: freckling and lentiginesMore example sentences
- Multiple lentigines in the skin, lips, and mucous membranes should raise suspicion for Peutz-Jeghers syndrome.
- The 755 nm wavelength can be used to treat solar lentigines.
- Although occasionally lentigines are part of a rare genetic syndrome, for the most part they are just isolated and unimportant spots.
late Middle English (denoting a freckle or pimple): from Latin, from lens, lent- 'lentil'.
More definitions of lentigoDefinition of lentigo in:
- The US English dictionary