- Relating to or denoting the more severe of the two principal forms of leprosy, marked by thickening of the skin and nerves, the formation of lumps on the skin, and often severe loss of feeling and paralysis leading to disfigurement. Compare with tuberculoid.More example sentences
- Borderline leprosy shows an intermediate appearance between the tuberculoid and lepromatous types.
- It was within the lepromatous skin nodules using primitive staining techniques that he saw masses of rodshaped bodies.
- While patients with tuberculoid leprosy have only a few organisms, those with lepromatous leprosy have abundant bacteria.
More definitions of lepromatousDefinition of lepromatous in:
- The US English dictionary