Definition of leptomeninges in English:
The inner two meninges, the arachnoid and the pia mater, between which circulates the cerebrospinal fluid.
- Arachnoid and pia are also called leptomeninges (thin membranes).
- Primary malignant melanoma most commonly originates from the skin; other less common sites include the mucous membranes, uvea, retina, and leptomeninges.
- Lesions in the cerebral hemispheres and brainstem included perivascular lymphocytes in leptomeninges and parenchyma, with scattered microglial nodules in gray and white matter.
- Example sentences
- Therefore, an MRI of the brain was performed, which demonstrated a small mass lesion in the left medial temporal lobe and suspicious leptomeningeal enhancement over both parietal regions.
- Tumor infiltration of leptomeningeal veins, cranial nerves, and spinal roots was also noted.
- Dural, leptomeningeal, or ependymal enhancement are typical findings, none of which were present in this patient.
Definition of leptomeninges in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia