- An infectious bacterial disease occurring in rodents, dogs, and other mammals, which can be transmitted to humans. See also Weil's disease.
More example sentences
- The bacterium is a spirochaete of the genus Leptospira
- Puppies should be vaccinated against distemper, infectious hepatitis, leptospirosis, parvovirus, parainfluenza and rabies.
- This is aggravating an already festering situation produced by outbreaks of malaria, dengue fever, hepatitis-A, leptospirosis, cholera and other diarrheal diseases.
- Conjunctivitis can also be a symptom of other infections such as measles or leptospirosis, a bacterial infection.
More definitions of leptospirosisDefinition of leptospirosis in:
- The US English dictionary