- A potassium aluminosilicate mineral, crystallizing in the tetrahedral system and typically found as grey or white glassy trapezohedra in volcanic rocks.More example sentences
- The three commonest feldspathoids are leucite, nepheline, and sodalite.
- Additionally, lamproites may contain leucite, richterite, sanidine, and occasionally nepheline, whereas kimberlites do not.
- Familiar examples include nepheline, leucite, and members of the sodalite and cancrinite groups.
late 18th century: from Greek leukos 'white' + -ite1.
More definitions of leuciteDefinition of leucite in:
- The US English dictionary