- A dark oily liquid producing an irritant gas that causes blisters, developed for use in chemical warfare.
More example sentences
- An organic compound of arsenic; chemical formula: ClCHCHAsCl2
- This target list usually included sarin, soman, mustard, lewisite, cyclosarin, and fats, oils and wax to name a few.
- Among the CW agents produced were phosgene, mustard, lewisite, hydrogen cyanide, and diphenyl cyanarsine.
- The chemicals, confiscated from Hitler's Third Reich at the end of the second world war, were mustard gas, phosgene, tabun and lewisite, all of which can inflict appalling injuries.
1920s: named after Winford L. Lewis (1878–1943), American chemist.
More definitions of lewisiteDefinition of lewisite in:
- The US English dictionary