- A symbol representing a word, especially one used in learning a language.More example sentences
- The vocabulary test shows that Kanzi can associate lexigrams with pictures of objects and spoken words; conversely, he can associate spoken words with lexigrams and pictures.
- It was found that getting them to repeat by rote a large number of errorless trials in combining lexigrams enabled them to make the transition from explicit and concrete sign-object associations to implicit sign-sign associations.
- In Lana's lexical world, the lexigram ‘bowl’ was selected when Lana was shown a bowl or a photo of a bowl.
More definitions of lexigramDefinition of lexigram in:
- The US English dictionary