- 1Cooperate on a matter of mutual concern: she will liaise with teachers across the countryMore example sentences
- Police are also keeping an open mind as to a possible racial motive and are liaising with community leaders in the area.
- We have liaised with the community to open up sections of bridleways.
- Matt visited other cities to investigate how they dealt with kerb crawlers and liaised with their community action teams on the best approach to deal with the problem.
- 1.1 (liaise between) Act as a link to assist communication between (people or groups): civil servants who liaise between the prime minister and departmental ministersMore example sentences
- The role would involve liaising between the community and relevant interested groups.
- He will also be helping to liaise between local communities and conservation projects to find ways to protect the animals.
- They are the ones responsible for the use of public funds, and the crucial role of liaising between both the people working on the project and the people who are funding or backing the project.
1920s (originally military slang): back-formation from liaison.