- A movement in Christian theology, developed mainly by Latin American Roman Catholics, which attempts to address the problems of poverty and social injustice as well as spiritual matters.More example sentences
- Its political side grew out of the social gospel movement and liberation theology.
- Latin American feminist liberation theologians emerge as the key link between Latin American liberation theology, on the one hand, and feminist theology, on the other.
- He repeatedly returns to comparisons with more biblical Protestant traditions, feminist theology, and liberation theology.
More definitions of liberation theologyDefinition of liberation theology in:
- The US English dictionary