Definition of life table in English:
1A table of statistics relating to life expectancy and mortality for a given category of people.
- After a follow-up of 15 years, the estimated life table analysis of mortality was retrospectively calculated.
- Disease-specific mortality rates were determined by adjusting all-cause mortality rates from the Registry by standard life table mortality rates.
- Observations on mortality presented in the previous section are supported by the life table data.
1.1 Zoology A table of statistics relating to life expectancy for a population of animals divided into cohorts of given age.
- On the basis of the timing of migration and breeding in the two habitats and life table data, it appears that the same populations breed in both places annually.
- We examined 50 published life tables for 44 mammal species representing 10 orders and 25 families (Appendix A).
- Average life expectancy from birth for the whole population or subgroups can be derived from life tables.
Definition of life table in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan