- 1 [mass noun] The reaction of something, especially the iris of the eye, to different intensities of light.More example sentences
- The investigator simply has to set the parameter representing the light reaction activity to zero, and recalculate the steady-state.
- 2 (the light reaction) Biochemistry The reaction which occurs as the first phase of photosynthesis, in which energy in the form of light is absorbed and converted to chemical energy in the form of ATP.More example sentences
- Two proteins may participate in the light reaction.
- The light reaction relies upon two clusters of pigments, known as photosystems I and II, which each possess a different type of chlorophyll and several accessory pigments.
- Chlorophyll and several other pigments such as beta-carotene are organized in clusters in the thylakoid membrane and are involved in the light reaction.
More definitions of light reactionDefinition of light reaction in:
- The US English dictionary