Definition of light tower in English:
1A tall structure fitted with electric lights, typically used for outdoor illumination.
- Today's light towers are lighter and mobile and have much better directional capabilities.
- In Montana, Kelly Rowe of Rowe Excavations works out of his truck and usually shuts down at dark, which means no light towers and hardly ever a generator.
- If they get any problems, they order a couple more light towers.
- The white, wood clapboard exterior is unusual for West Coast lighthouses, and the distinctive red light tower is located immediately above the living quarters, another unique design.
- The device installed was a bell signal that was located east of the light tower and closer to the water's edge.
- You may even see some tourists hiking to the light tower, and sheep searching for shrubs.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia