- 1Water containing the normal proportion (or less) of deuterium oxide, i.e. about 0.02 per cent, especially to distinguish it from heavy water.More example sentences
- Because of their heavier weight, heavy water molecules evaporate less readily than light water molecules.
- However, eddying mixing motion can overturn this density profile, momentarily lifting heavy water above light water.
- The Chernobyl reactor used graphite as moderator and boiling light water as coolant, while the Koodankulam reactor uses light water as moderator and coolant.
More definitions of light waterDefinition of light water in:
- The US English dictionary