- 1chiefly Australian A tree yielding timber that is pale in colour or light in weight.
More example sentences
- Several species, in particular the hickory wattle
- She had done the room in butter yellows, forest greens and lightwoods.
- The door was a lightwood and had needles, thread and thimbles painted around the border.
- 2 [mass noun] US Firewood that burns easily and with a bright flame; kindling.More example sentences
- The third floor was a carpeted hallway of lightwood and floor lighting.
- We might have made it from paper and string and lightwood or assembled it from plastics and hard-to-understand instructions.
More definitions of lightwoodDefinition of lightwood in:
- The US English dictionary