1 Rugby A formation of parallel lines of opposing forwards at right angles to the touchline when the ball is thrown in.
- The try-count of 3-1 does not reflect the performance of the Newbridge pack and their control of the scrum and line-outs in a good forward's performance.
- With such a formidable pack, introduce more 3rd row and forward play off line-outs, scrums and rucks and mauls.
- He provided his usual high-standard service in the line-out and was a powerhouse in the loose as well.
1.1An occasion when the ball is thrown in to a line-out.
- Quins' next try came when prop Lou Clancy took the ball on from a line-out and Avon's defence was broken, allowing scrum-half Saskia Brazier-Kobus to run through to score.
- The visitors started well and from a line-out the ball went to lock Craig Rika, who put centre Mark Billington over under the posts for a try in the third minute, fly half Mark Sales adding the conversion.
- The match's key moments were 6 minutes in when George Smith was penalised for offside as Lions drive forward from a line-out.
2An output socket in an electrical device.
- If you don't have one, simply loop a minijack cable between your line-out and line-in and you'll have decent quality audio with no DRM.
- Such a line-out jack requires you to buy expensive $50 fibre optic cables with two differently shaped ends, or an adaptor plug that will connect to common speaker wires.
- The only glaring problem is that all the connectors like Firewire, line-out and USB drives are located on the rear right of the iMac.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: line-out
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.