- An accelerator in which particles travel in straight lines, not in closed orbits.More example sentences
- Last year researchers used a linear accelerator to generate the most powerful T-ray beam ever made.
- The docking procedure consists of transferring the patient to the mobile electron linear accelerator and aligning the accelerator treatment head with the applicator cone.
- It chose an irradiation process using a linear accelerator to generate a beam of high-energy electrons that kills microorganisms, including anthrax spores.
More definitions of linear acceleratorDefinition of linear accelerator in:
- The US English dictionary