Relating to language or linguistics: a child’s linguistic ability
More example sentences
- Frame semantics is a linguistic theory which is currently gaining ground.
- It is not difficult to see why the semantic pole of the linguistic sign cannot be an entity in the real world.
- The women's choice of German can be seen as a linguistic expression of their rejection of peasant life.
- More example sentences
- Even linguistically naive subjects generally have no difficulty counting out the syllables in a word or phrase.
- After all, the Romans occupied Britain as well as Gaul, yet, linguistically, left almost no trace on the speech of the inhabitants.
- Swearing is culturally and linguistically shaped in other ways.