noun (plural lipomas or lipomata /-mətə/)Medicine
- A benign tumour of fatty tissue.More example sentences
- If a dog had a benign tumour like a lipoma that needed to be removed because it was causing discomfort, I'd likely go ahead with it on most dogs, unless they were extremely old for their breed and/or didn't tolerate surgery well.
- You should feel subcutaneous nodules to see if they are soft like lipomas, hard like fibromas and malignant tumors, or tender, as in superficial abscesses or hematomas.
- They are the third most common primary cardiac tumors after myxomas and lipomas, accounting for 7% of all primary cardiac tumors.
More definitions of lipomaDefinition of lipoma in:
- The US English dictionary