- A substance which flows like a liquid but has some degree of ordering in the arrangement of its molecules.More example sentences
- Depending on temperature or the presence of an electric potential difference, molecules in a liquid crystal can either be randomly, partially, or completely aligned.
- When the researchers expose the sensor to an aqueous stream containing a protein that binds to lipids, the liquid crystal molecules respond within seconds by switching to a planar orientation.
- The electrodes are shaped and positioned to produce an electric field across the cavity capable of rotating the alignment direction of the molecules of the liquid crystal material in the cavity.
More definitions of liquid crystalDefinition of liquid crystal in:
- The US English dictionary