- A form of visual display used in electronic devices, in which a layer of a liquid crystal is sandwiched between two transparent electrodes.More example sentences
- The thin film transistors are useful in active matrix liquid crystal displays where the plastic substrates are transparent in the visible spectrum.
- The cockpit is equipped with multifunction liquid crystal displays and electronic flight instruments.
- But many laptop computers have liquid crystal displays (LCDs).
More definitions of liquid crystal displayDefinition of liquid crystal display in:
- The US English dictionary