noun[mass noun] chiefly British
- A colourless, odourless oily liquid consisting of a mixture of hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum, used as a laxative.More example sentences
- The maintenance phase consisted of ‘Agarol’ (active ingredients: liquid paraffin, phenolphthalein, benzoic acid, and sorbic acid) 5-30 ml once or twice daily, senna granules, or bisacodyl tablets.
- In children we used olive oil instead, to avoid any laxative effect of liquid paraffin.
- The burn should be covered with a bland ointment such as liquid paraffin.
More definitions of liquid paraffinDefinition of liquid paraffin in:
- The US English dictionary