Definition of literary criticism in English:
The art or practice of judging and commenting on the qualities and character of literary works.
- It thus comments on both antebellum literature and twentieth-century literary criticism.
- He was a pioneer in various genres including satire, literary criticism, and drama.
- We hope this essay proves a useful tool for scholars beginning research in Asian American literature and literary criticism.
literary critic noun
- Example sentences
- William Hazlitt, literary critic, friend to Lamb and Keats, was born this day in 1778.
- I cannot understand how certain novelists are at the same time literary critics and write criticism of other writers.
- He was one of those, but, perhaps uniquely, he was neither a poet nor a writer of short fictions, but a literary critic.
Definition of literary criticism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan