- The history of the treatment of, and references to, a particular subject in literature: lesbian literary historyMore example sentences
- Questions about the vexed relationship between literary criticism and literary history persist.
- It also occupied a huge space in the newly developed disciplines of literary criticism and literary history.
- This is one of a number of textual allusions which, paradoxically, give the authority of literary history to Sam's historical investigations.
- More example sentences
- He suggests that contemporary literary historians have misunderstood Romanticism.
- I got a very bad grade on a paper I wrote for a Chaucer seminar in which I argued, against prominent literary historians, that Chaucer had indeed relied on the work of rhetoricians such as Geoffrey de Vinsauf when he composed his Troilus.
- Kazin was among the early literary historians to see the book as a departure from standard documentary practice, associating Let Us Now Praise Famous Men, ‘as a work of great moral intensity,’ with Faulkner's fiction.