- A person who is interested in and knowledgeable about literature: a collaboration between the most distinguished poets and littérateurs of the dayMore example sentences
- On board the middle-aged littérateur is mightily pleased with himself - more particularly he is pleased with his literary reputation and power.
- The reality seems to have been that in these years the young littérateur, entirely wrapped up in discoveries and experiments of the imagination, effectively ignored the fate of his country.
- One's opinions on veracity might determine whether or not one agrees with the proposition that Tristram Shandy is an appropriate model for the on-line littérateur.
early 19th century: French.
More definitions of littérateurDefinition of littérateur in:
- The US English dictionary