Definition of liver spot in English:
A small brown spot on the skin, especially as caused by a skin condition such as lentigo.
- The main ingredients are also used in laundry detergents to brighten colors, and in existing skin bleaching products for liver spots and scars.
- Brown liver spots speckled his balding head, the remains of hair long since lost, in colour and quantity, brushed over in a futile attempt to regain his youth.
- Cryosurgery with liquid nitrogen can remove precancers or liver spots.
- Example sentences
- The word ‘crafts’ tends to conjure images of little doilies, old ladies with arthritic, liver-spotted fingers, and dried-up flowers in a mesh bag tied with a ribbon in your Mom's underwear drawer.
- ‘Excellent,’ he said, clapping his liver-spotted hands twice.
- She was liver-spotted, elegant and with an even sweeter and dimmer nature than most: she was eager to do absolutely anything you wanted, but was quite incapable of working out what it was that you were asking.
Definition of liver spot in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan