- A large earthworm used as fishing bait.More example sentences
- This is fine for larger baits, but for lobworms at range and small pieces of bread, a tub of floating and sinking putty are very handy, although normally as a last resort.
- The baits used are lobworms, cheese paste, meat paste, bread flake and crust.
- A natural bait such as a lobworm or slug is a good bet or perhaps a large piece of breadflake.
mid 17th century: from lob in the obsolete sense 'pendulous object'.
More definitions of lobwormDefinition of lobworm in:
- The US English dictionary