- 1The construction or use of locks on waterways.More example sentences
- When you are within a couple miles, monitor Channel 14 to hear if other boats are requesting lockage.
- Availability of this type of lockage depends on the ship traffic for the day, and as such cannot be scheduled.
- Remain moored until the lockage is complete, the gate is fully opened, and the lockmaster signals you to depart.
- 1.1The amount of rise and fall of water levels resulting from the use of locks.More example sentences
- The lockage in Rhode Island varies by only a few between the actual and the estimated; while in Massachusetts, there is a great deal of difference in the number.
More definitions of lockageDefinition of lockage in:
- The US English dictionary