- 1A small lockable cupboard or compartment, typically as one of a number placed together for public use, e.g. in schools or railway stations.More example sentences
- We went to our lockers, conveniently close together, to get what we needed and whatnot.
- Get a small locker or a lockable dresser for your personal things that you don't want to share.
- Around each bed was a light, curtain screens, a locker and a cupboard.
- 1.1A chest or compartment on a ship or boat for clothes, stores, equipment, or ammunition.More example sentences
- The third hit the base of the mainmast, causing a fire in the 4in ready-use ammunition lockers.
- There is a V-berth cabin forward followed by a head to port and hanging lockers to starboard.
- The anchor windlass is located in a foredeck locker to keep it out of the way when not needed.
late Middle English: probably related to Flemish loker.