1A small lockable cupboard or compartment, typically as one of a number placed together for public use, e.g. in schools or railway stations.
- We went to our lockers, conveniently close together, to get what we needed and whatnot.
- Get a small locker or a lockable dresser for your personal things that you don't want to share.
- Around each bed was a light, curtain screens, a locker and a cupboard.
1.1A chest or compartment on a ship or boat for clothes, stores, equipment, or ammunition.
- The third hit the base of the mainmast, causing a fire in the 4in ready-use ammunition lockers.
- There is a V-berth cabin forward followed by a head to port and hanging lockers to starboard.
- The anchor windlass is located in a foredeck locker to keep it out of the way when not needed.
Late Middle English: probably related to Flemish loker.
Words that rhyme with lockerblocker, chocker, docker, Fokker, interlocker, mocha, mocker, ocker, quokka, rocker, saltimbocca, shocker, soccer, stocker
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.