- non-technical term for trismus.More example sentences
- Tetanus, also called lockjaw, is a disease with uncontrolled muscle spasms caused by a bacterium in a local wound.
- Tetanus or lockjaw may not seem to be a compelling disease to vaccinate against in elderly adults but 92% of all cases occur in adults and 71% are over the age of fifty.
- If your child develops lockjaw or muscle spasms - particularly after sustaining a wound - seek medical attention right away.
More definitions of lockjawDefinition of lockjaw in:
- The US English dictionary