- 1A nut screwed down on another to keep it tight.More example sentences
- Such devices include means to inspect cables and anchorages, locknuts, or grub screws for cross arms, pivots, etc.
- The transformer will be equipped with a sleeve and a locknut for connecting it to the junction box securely.
- With titanium bolts, the locknuts are plated with rhodium or silver to prevent galling and seizing of the nut to the bolt.
- 1.1A nut designed so that, once tightened, it cannot be accidentally loosened.More example sentences
- Once the drain is correctly in position, tighten the locknut with a wrench.
- The vertical and horizontal position of the rest can be accurately adjusted by loosening the locknuts and turning the adjustment bolts.
- Even when fully tightened, the bolts do not extend beyond the nylon locknuts (the bolt ends are level with the nylon; showing no threads at all).
More definitions of locknutDefinition of locknut in:
- The US English dictionary