noun (plural logia /-gɪə/)
- A saying attributed to Christ, especially one not recorded in the canonical Gospels.More example sentences
- Resolving the issue of whether or not the statement in v 12 was once an autonomous logion - as some authors argued - is not a determining factor for determining the meaning of the passage.
- I want to study the possibilities of finding more fragments of the Aramaic logia or the Q source, in other words, the sayings of Jesus.
- In Martin Hengel's judgment ‘there is hardly one logion of Jesus which more sharply runs counter to law, piety, and custom’.
late 19th century: from Greek, 'oracle', from logos 'word'.
More definitions of logionDefinition of logion in:
- The US English dictionary