- In the distant past: long ago an unmarried girl was considered her father’s property her son died long ago [as modifier]: time has marched on since my long-ago youthMore example sentences
- Attempts to transmute other metals to gold may have been made as long ago as the Bronze Age.
- The Andamanese have a number of stories which are told to the younger people by their elders and relate to the doings of their ancestors in a time long ago.
- The energy is all derived from the photosynthesis of plants long ago.
More definitions of long agoDefinition of long ago in:
- The US English dictionary