- 1(Especially of vehicles or missiles) able to be used or be effective over long distances: long-range bombersMore example sentences
- Now North Korea is building nuclear weapons and the long-range missiles to deliver them.
- In fact the earth rotates, and during the time of flight of a long-range missile they will move a considerable distance.
- In effect, even bombing and long-range missile attacks have become analogous to sniping.
- 2Relating to a period of time that extends far into the future: long-range forecastsMore example sentences
- The objective was to develop long-range strategy for future directions of the movement.
- Start at home: the long-range forecast for the UK predicts warm and sunny weather for the rest of the month.
- Having studied the hedgerows and the behaviour of wildlife, he would offer us a long-range forecast.
More definitions of long-rangeDefinition of long-range in:
- The US English dictionary