Definition of looper in English:
1A caterpillar of a geometrid moth, which moves forward by arching itself into loops. Also called measuring worm or ( North American ) inchworm.
- They are economical to raise, however, and mass releases can be very effective against corn earworm, cabbageworms, loopers, hornworms, codling moth and other leaf-eating caterpillars.
- The newly seeded alfalfa has plant bugs and potato leafhoppers and established alfalfa has army worms, alfalfa loopers, thistle caterpillars, and variegated cut worms.
- Aphids, cabbage loopers, flea beetles, leafhoppers and leaf miners are some of the insects that attack lettuce, but slug are the most notorious for loving lettuce.
2A device for making loops.
- There was no time to wonder at the marvels of engineering that kept loopers, needles and blades dancing without a misstep even as the speed hit maximum.
- Use decorative thread in the upper looper and adjust the machine for a short, rolled-edge stitch.
- Using a 4-thread, medium-length balanced stitch and serger thread in the needle and loopers, serge the front to back at both shoulders.
Words that rhyme with looperblooper, cooper, Cowper, duper, grouper, Hooper, pea-souper, pupa, scooper, snooper, stupa, stupor, super, trooper, trouper, whooper
Definition of looper in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.