(Of an animal) having drooping ears.
- Two distinct types of pig existed at that time: a small foraging type, principally found in Scotland, and a larger, lop-eared English type which had developed into several breeds.
- A stranger shows up on the farm asking about an old, lop-eared dog.
- On the screen, a lop-eared bunny not much older than he, danced and gyrated around a brightly lit stage, with a large team of other male and female dancers of mixed species.
lop ears plural noun
- Example sentences
- Almost everyone would recognise the large black pig with lop-ears and the distinctive white belt running across its shoulders and down over the front legs.
- The pigs have white skin and lop-ears. The piglets grow faster than other breeds.
Definition of lop-eared in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.