(Especially of a business) losing money, rather than making a profit: subsidies to loss-making industries
More example sentences
- The company told the inquiry that no commercial lender would support such a loss-making business and it would be forced into liquidation.
- The loss-making biotechnology industry is another example, with companies looking at consolidation to cut costs.
- A predictable response, retort media analysts, who believe that the loss-making business can no longer be sustained.
- Example sentences
- Possible options to ensure that the dividend is safe include the closure or sale of loss-makers, such as the London Independent.
- Despite their lack of profits, many investors like loss-makers, especially if there is a likelihood of a turnaround in their bottom lines.
- He was clear from day one that he did believe there were a considerable number of miles of routes which were hopeless loss-makers.
Definition of loss-making in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.