Definition of lotto in English:
1 [mass noun] A children’s game similar to bingo, in which numbered or illustrated counters or cards are drawn by the players.
- It is a simple naming task with pictures from a children's lotto.
- The stimuli - pictures of familiar objects taken from children's lotto games - were arranged on cardboard grids.
- Now what can be so 'incredible' about a collection of children's lotto games?
- The chairman said John was a great supporter of the lotto draw every week and will be sadly missed.
- He thanked those who supported the lotto and the draw and all who helped run them.
- There was no winner of the lotto jackpot of Euro 2,600 which was held on Monday the 28th March.
Late 18th century: from Italian.
Words that rhyme with lottoblotto, Giotto, grotto, motto, Otto, risotto, Watteau
Definition of lotto in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.