1Feeling or showing love or great care: a loving father the cargo was described in loving detail
More example sentences
- She knelt down next to me, dried my eyes and gave me a warm, loving hug that made everything all right.
- We both lost our fathers when we were young and were blessed with loving mothers.
- She had grown up in a loving family and knew that love and care were two different words.
- Example sentences
- When I tried with my parents I saw only hatred and anger, and when I tried on Bert, it had showed kindness and lovingness that is always found in close friends.
- There is much evidence of lovingness in the work, particularly in the delightful rendering of the smallest of creatures.
- This wandering visualization captures the sense of family as a unit, an organism unto itself (appropriately, the entire clan smokes out of the same pack of cigarettes), with the lovingness and annoyingness such inseparability entails.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: lov¦ing
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.