- Born to a family that has a low social status: a retinue of low-born soldiersMore example sentences
- A low-born peasant maid cures the king of France, who promises her choice of husband but the man she chooses rejects her.
- He seemed old for his age, carried himself with a confidence that I would never feel, as if he didn't know he was poor, or low-born.
- In fact, portrait painting at the time provided one of the most reliable routes to social advancement - especially for people who were low-born as she was - and she made full use of it throughout her long life.
More definitions of low-bornDefinition of low-born in:
- The US English dictionary