- The interval of time between two successive crossings of the meridian by the moon (roughly 24 hours and 50 minutes).More example sentences
- Thus their ‘day’ would not be based on the movement of the Sun, a 24-hour cycle, but rather a lunar day, lasting 24 hours and 50 minutes.
- The length of the lunar day is thus identical to the length of its revolution around Earth.
- Based on lunar day of 24 hrs 50 minutes, will provide accurate indication of tide cycle.
More definitions of lunar dayDefinition of lunar day in:
- The US English dictionary