- Each of the two points at which the moon’s orbit cuts the ecliptic.More example sentences
- Therefore it takes just over 31 days to traverse the zone in which eclipses can occur, the seasons that recur twice per eclipse year when the lunar nodes are close to the solar direction.
- The mean lunar nodes always move backwards, but the true nodes describe a bi-directional motion somewhat like other planets; though the nodes are mostly retrograde but at times travel forward - what is known as direct motion in astrology.
- When the Sun and Moon are in opposition, and each is in conjunction with one of the lunar nodes, a lunar eclipse occurs.
More definitions of lunar nodeDefinition of lunar node in:
- The US English dictionary