Definition of lunisolar in English:
1Of or concerning the combined motions or effects of the sun and moon.
- The cited lunisolar interface is significant because an interpretation based upon the lunar phases so clearly points to the possibility of a special creation.
- The air pressure variations due to lunisolar effects cause the deformation of the Earth and therefore directly and indirectly influence several geodynamical phenomena.
- Numerical studies show that lunisolar perturbations control stability of equilibria for orbits with semimajor axes exceeding 1.4 Earth radii.
1.1Of or employing a calendar year divided according to the phases of the moon, but adjusted in average length to fit the length of the solar cycle.
- The Jewish calendar, a highly complex system, is ‘lunisolar ‘, where the years are solar and months lunar.
- The Chinese Calendar is a lunisolar calendar based on calculations of the positions of the Sun and Moon.
- In different Indian lunisolar calendars the lunar month is used, mixed with the sidereal month.
Words that rhyme with lunisolarAngola, barbola, bipolar, bowler, bronchiolar, canola, carambola, circumpolar, coaler, Coca-Cola, cola, comptroller, consoler, controller, Ebola, eidola, extoller, Finola, Gorgonzola, granola, Hispaniola, kola, Lola, mandola, molar, multipolar, Ndola, patroller, payola, pianola, polar, roller, Savonarola, scagliola, scroller, sola, solar, stroller, tombola, Tortola, troller, Vignola, viola, Zola
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia