Any of various diseases or conditions marked by inflammation of the skin, especially lupus vulgaris or lupus erythematosus.
- In some patients, lupus skin disease or lupus internal organ disease can be triggered by reactions to certain drugs.
- Tests show blood rheumatism, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, rheumatic fever, nervous rheumatism, or bone rheumatism.
- It can occur by itself or with other, common autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.
Late 16th century: from Latin, literally 'wolf'.
- Example sentences
- There is also a specific inflammatory disease of the liver, related to SLE, called lupoid hepatitis.
- From January 1989 to February 1993, lupoid onychodystrophy was diagnosed in 18 dogs at the CVM.
- Diascopy with a glass spatula reveals the lupoid character of the infiltrations.
Words that rhyme with lupusupas
Definition of lupus in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan